Saturday, April 11, 2009

One Crazy Day

It all started on Thursday morning.
5:45 A.M.
Casey: Kim will you come see if you can find where this beeping is coming from, I think it's the heater.
Me: Case, it's probably just the alarm system.
Casey: No Kim, I think it might be a carbon monoxide detector on the heater. Call your mom and dad I need to go to work and I do not want to leave you here alone.
**I went by the heater and could hear the beeping coming from the heater. So I called my mom and dad.
Me: Mom there is a beeping noise coming from our heater, Casey thinks its a carbon monoxide detector, can I come over there, I am nervous to be here alone.
Mom: Sure come over you can sleep by Mer until you have to go to school.
**The rest of the day I was worried about getting carbon monoxide poisoning, when case got home from work the beeping had stoped. We turned our heater off just to be safe.
10:30 P.M.
Me: Case I think we should call a 24 hour heater company and ask them why our heater would beep.
Case: That's a good idea why don't you find me the number.
Case (talking to the heater man): Hi I have a quick question, this morning our heater was beeping and we were just wondering why.
Heater man: Heaters don't beep check for a smoke detector on the ceiling.
**sure enough a smoke detector was mounted to the ceiling. So case decided to press the test button to see if it was the beeping sound we heard this morning.
Smoke Detector (really really loud): Warning, Warning evacuate the building the fire department has been called.
Me: Case turn it off
Case: I don't know how
Smoke Detector: Warning, warning, evacuate the building the fire department has been called.
Me: take out the batteries
Case: I did and it's still going. Call your dad he might know how to turn it off.
Smoke Detector: Warning, warning evacuate the building the fire department has been called.
Me: Dad we can't get our smoke detector to turn off and it's really loud
Dad: well I don't know how to turn it off, let me see if Jared (brother in law) knows.
Jared: Find the security box and press clear.
Me: ok, thanks it worked.
**We finally got the smoke alarm to turn off, but come to find out the smoke alarm has a low battery. The beeping continues until my grandma and grandpa come home to fix it. Until then we just hid he smoke alarm under some blankets.

2 comments:

Steffani Dastrup said...

he he! That is hilarious Kip! It's amazing what problems smoke detectors can cause when they're supposed to be helpful!

Melissa said...

Oh Kip, that story made my day. I HATE those stinking things. I know one day they may save my life, but until then they just beep me insane. Thank goodness for that brother-in-law!